30 Things To Do Before I'm 30


I thought I would do one of those posts where I talk about things I want to do in the future and why not do a 30 things I want do before I'm 30 so I have about nine years to achieve these thirty goals for myself. It's also something I could look back on when I am thirty years old to see if I actually have achieved any of these things. Hopefully I will but we'll have to wait and see in nine years time.

1. Get my degree

Now this is probably an obvious one as I'm in my third year of university but honestly after two years of doing university it would be nice if next year I could have a degree. I also thought I'd start this list with something I could definitely achieve (fingers crossed) before I'm thirty years old.

2. Visit Harry Potter Studio Tour/Harry Potter World/Both

As I am a massive Harry Potter fan I would actually like to visit the studio tours in London or visit Harry Potter world in Walt Disney World because they look absolutely amazing and would be a dream to visit them. Hopefully I will before I'm thirty.

3. Go To New York (again)

Honestly when I went to New York back in 2014 all I want to do is go back there again. I would love to go see broadway shows and visit more places around New York. It would be amazing.

4. See A West-End Show

How cool would it be to go and see a show in the West-End. I mean I've already seen a Broadway show so why not go see the nest best thing and see a show on the West-End. It'll be great and give me an excuse to go to London. I absolutely love watching musicals so it will be amazing.

5. Find Love

This one might be a bit tricky as being single for 21 years means I've not much experience but I hope I'll find love before I'm 30. Even if it's just the once. I would love to experince. You never know though what the future holds.

6. Face a Fear

Now I do have a lot of fears but one fear in particular is heights. Absolutely terrified of them. Always get very shaky when I'm in a high place. I always imagine that for some very odd reason I'll fall or something. Don't know why but it tends to happen. I just get this weird feeling in my gut and it's not pleasant. Although I would love to try something crazy which involves heights. Maybe skydiving is a bit much but who knows. I would love to try and conquer a fear or just do something which utterly scares me. We'll have to wait and see.

7. Travel on a trip alone

In the past I have planned several day trips to places alone but I've never done the whole thing of staying in a hotel somewhere alone so I figured I should just do it one day before I'm thirty. It'll probably be a daunting experience at first but I'm sure it'll be an experience. Who knows maybe even one day I'll catch a plane by myself and stay somewhere alone like in the movie The Holiday. Who knows?

8. Move into my own place

Now I've spent years under the roof of my parents and in shared student accomadation but before I'm thirty I would like to move into a place of my own. It's definetly something I feel like everyone should do at some point in their lives. Well before their thirty years old at least. I'm definetly looking forward to getting my own place and setting it up the way I want to. It'll be fun.

9. Get a job related my degree

Now I do have this constent fear that I'll leave university and get a job that has nothing to do with my degree. Although I do have realistic expectations that I'll have to gain experience first for a few years but I feel like I can find that job which fits in with my degree but also a job that I actually love which will be a bonus.

10. Start a collection

I've always wanted to be one of those people that has a collection of things that they're proud to show people and people are proud that you've achieved. I don't know really what that collection will be but whatever it is I hope I'll be proud of it.

11. Master 10 Delicious Food Dishes

Now being a university student I do have experience cooking meals and food but they always seem simple. I would love to have mastered at least 10 food dishes which I'll be proud to make and cook for anyone. Plus being the master of 10 delicious food dishes is great for me in a way because then I get to eat delicious food made by me. Success!

12. Invest in a good quality bag

I know this kind of sounds random but hear me out. In my life I've been through so many bags. Either the strap or the zip has broken or I've just had enough of the bag. I feel like before I'm thirty I should invest in a good quality bag that I love and will use everyday and hopefully it won't break on me. I'm hoping anyway. Maybe the more expensive the bag, the better quality it is and less likely to break? I don't know but this is just one of those random things to do before I'm thirty.

13. Pass my driving test

I definetly want to pass my driving test before thirty and actually drive. It'll just be a useful skill to have before I'm thirty so hopefully I will be able to.

14. Read the majority of my bookshelf

As a bookworm, I thought I'd throw in a book related goal. I do have a lot of books on my bookshelf which I haven't read yet so hopefully before I'm thirty I can get around to reading most of them. It's something I'll proud knowing I've read the majority of the books on my bookshelf.

15. Having a regular exercise routine and keeping fit

Before I'm thirty I plan to live a healthier lifestyle which I can bring forward into my thirties as well. Just so I can be healthier and keep fit in a way because after all I'm not getting any younger and your twenties is the perfect time to get fit and healthy so why not.

16. Go skinny dipping

I know this is probably a weird one but who doesn't wanna try and go skinny dipping. Might be a bit weird though and it'll probably be a very short one time experience.

17. Throw a dinner party

Whether it's for the family or friends I would like to try and throw a dinner party. It sounds like a very adult thing to do but maybe it'll be practice for the future or a one time experience which I may host a dinner party which turns into a disastster so I never do again. Who knows what will happen but it's a worth a shot before I'm 30.

18. Unplug for a full day or a week

How cool would it be to just spend the day or a whole week offline. I would love to just have a day where I'm not attached to my phone or on my laptop. It'll be an experience but one I would love to try and get the hang of potentially.

19. Go to a midnight showing of a movie in the cinema 

Have you ever seen that when movies have a midnight showing. Normally when the movie first comes out. How cool and weird would that be to do? Probably have to have a nap before going but it'll be pretty cool.

20. Go to a big music festival like Glastonbury

I've only ever been to a small weekend music festival near my town and camped for the weekend but I would like to experience a bigger music festival like Glastonbury. I've heard the experience is pretty good and I think it'll be fun with friends.

21. Dine alone at a restaurant

Have you ever wondered what it'll be like to go to a restaurant alone. Not like alone as if you've been stood up on a date, just willingly get dressed up and go to a restaurant and proudly say table for one. It may be a bit awkward but you can take your time and enjoy your surroundings. I don't know. It'll be something I'd like to try. Who knows? Maybe your food comes quicker because you're ordering for just one.

22. Go on a date

It's sad to say that I am 21 and I have never been on a date. It's crazy but true but I would like to experience going on a date at least once before I'm thirty. Even if it's a disaster date. A date is still a date at the end of the day and I can cross it off the list of things to do before I'm 30.

23. Visit Australia

I would love to visit Australia because it seems like such a cool place to vist and I know many young adults do travel to Australia so obviously it's a popular place to go and I for one would love to try it. Even the flight itself is an experience because it's such a long way to travel from the UK so that'll fun.

24. Go to Paris and do all the touristy things

It's literally a dream of mine to visit Paris. It's one of those cities that I really want to see and I would love to see before I'm thirty. I feel like it'll be a wonderful travel expereince. Maybe one day it'll happen before I'm thirty.

25. Read one book every week

This goal was actually one I saw on Pinterest but you know what I do want to become more of an active reader. So reading a book every week and finishing it sounds a little impossible to me right now but actually it is possible because there's always time in the day to read, It's definitely worth doing it as it's a hobby offline and it gives me a chance to escape real life and enter a new world within the book.

26. Have a pamper party (alone or with friends)

I literally want to have like a relaxing pamper spa day at home or at a spa where I can just relax. Do facemasks, have candles burning, a bubble bath, relax. Just everything. It'll be pure bliss,

27. Go for a professional massage

I don't know why but I feel like my body needs to be massaged professionally. I've always wanted to get my back massaged especially. I'm just worried it might be a bit awkward but you know it's worth a try.

28. Develop a new hobby

I would love to try a new hobby like photography or a sport or art. Just something fun that I'll enjoy doing in my spare time. I feel like everyone should have a hobby or try something new. I do have hobbies that I enjoy doing at the moment but I would love another which I will stick at for a while before I'm thirty.

29. Binge watch a new series which goes on for five seasons or more.

I've done it before with series that I've already seen before but I would like to watch a series which I just haven't had the time to watch because there's so many seasons and the episodes are like an hour long each like Game of Thrones or Supernatural or something. I will do it one day.

30. Get this blog to 100,000 page views

I know that's a crazy number of page views to reach for as I'm only at 17,000 at this moment. Yet as there's 9 years to go until I am 30 I feel like it's possible. I plan to continue on with this blog and work harder to improve it and I hope I get more readers by the time I am 30. It'll be an achievement in itself and I'd be so grateful for it to happen. Maybe it will before I'm 30. Who knows.


Anyway, that is thirty things I want to do before I'm thirty. I hope you enjoyed this list and maybe it gave you some inspiration to make a bucket list of things you want to do before you reach a particular age. Let me know if there's anything in particular you would like to acclomplish in the future in the comments below. Whether it's something big and near impossible or small but still worthwhile let me know.

I'll be back again with another post next year as it is New Year's Eve on Sunday so I hope you have a great last few days of 2017 and I'll be back in the new year.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

Chapter Two