Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween Everyone!

So yesterday was the day where I finally carved my pumpkin and I thought it was a very fitting post for today as it is Halloween.

Here are the pictures of my progress with the pumpkin.
I also want to add that I did it all by myself as I was home alone.





I bought my pumpkin from a shop called the Spar and yes I did take a moment to give my pumpkin a mini photo shoot so you can get an idea of what my pumpkin looks like.

Now the next step was of course cutting open the top to make the lid and then scooping out the insides. Let's just say it took about an hour and a half. Don't ask why but it did. You eventually figure out as time goes on, how to get the insides out. It was a very messy job as you'll see in the pictures below.





Halfway there.



Almost there.




FINISHED!


So much pumpkin brains. It was a messy job but I had fun doing it.


Now for the actual carving. I was deciding whether to do a normal scary face or write a word or just do something completely random. I turned to Google images for inspiration and there was a lot of ideas. However, I knew I wasn't very artistic when it came to carving pumpkins. Some previous pumpkin designs I did (which I had to relive in the form of Facebook memories) were not exactly the best.

So I wanted something simple but it looked good and fun. Just something I would be proud and happy to share with you all on this blog. Then I saw a pumpkin image which instantly gave me inspiration. It was a simple design yet it was fun and if I did it right. I would be proud of.

Mike Wazowski. I mean all I needed to do was to do one eye, a mouth and two spikey ears. It was simple and also fun to design. I'll admit right now that the mouth is not perfect but honestly I'm so happy with it.

So here it is. This is my Mike Wazowski pumpkin.



I'm pretty proud of it and I can't wait to light it up tonight ready for the trick or treaters. It looks even better lit up.

I'm not really a big fan of Halloween. I mean I enjoyed carving the pumpkin but that's about it. I suppose the whole trick or treating thing is mostly for kids. It kind of wears off as you get older. Plus I don't go out to any Halloween parties or get dressed up for a night out on Halloween. I'd rather just stay in and have a movie night.

Although that's another thing. I'm not the biggest fan of horror movies. I do not like them so I probably have a slghtly less scary movie night. Although I do have movies that I will watch which may be considered Halloween movies. Although they're not full blown horror movies and I know I won't get nightmares after watching them.

Here's a list of a few which I may watch tonight:
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Hocus Pocus
  • Little Shop of Horrors
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Corpse Bride
  • Cats the Musical
  • The Dark Knight
Now some of these may not be considered as scary but they kind of have a Halloween vibe to it plus I enjoy them and would be happy to watch them on Halloween. I remember doing this last year on Halloween. I do believe last year I watched Sweeney Todd and Cats the musical if you read my post but this year I'm actually more in the mood for some Rocky Horror (the original one) because who doesn't love some Rocky Horror?

I also have some popcorn and hot chocolate ready for my movie night as well as some sweets so my Halloween is all sorted.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourselves today whatever your plans may be. Even if you're not so big on Halloween just try to make the most of the day instead of wasting it.

I'll be back again tomorrow with an exciting post. Those of you who read my blog last year may know what it's all about.

See you then

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two