Coming Back To Blogging After A Blogging Break


As most of you have noticed, I did take quite a big blogging break. It was unitentional and I didn't mean for it to happen but it did so I guess we have to just move on.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about coming back from blogging after taking a blogging break. I've realised that blogging can be so hard sometimes and it takes a lot of hardwork as well as dedication to maintain your blog.

I absolutely love blogging. I love getting an idea for a blog post then writing down and creating the content of the blog post to the moment where I hit publish and let the world see my work. I absolutely love it. It's great when that happens. However, blogging can be quite hard sometimes. It's all good and well to have a great idea for a blog post but the struggle can happen when creating the actual the content for the post. Sometimes you're writing something and you just stop and think. "Does this actually make sense?" "Will my readers understand what I'm trying to say?" "I don't know how to phrase what I'm trying to say?" To the point where you hit back space and give up entirely on the post. That can happen a lot. Well, it does for me sometimes. Even during my unitentional blogging break, I sat at my desk and I had so many ideas for blog posts but I didn't know how to write the content for it. I knew I couldn't just come back with one post and say I'm back when I had a load of incomplete posts. I knew I had to be prepared for when I came back to blogging.

That's why I spent most of July and August writing blog posts. I never normally planned my blog posts but this time I knew if I actually wanted to take blogging seriously I knew I had to come up with a plan and prepare a load of blog posts in advance which is exactly what I did. The feeling of having several draft blog posts that were completely written made me feel happy and excited. I knew then I was ready to step up my blogging game and actually take it seriously for once. Before I just kind of spontaneously wrote blog posts with no plan of action. I mean I did have a plan of posting twice a week but then I would post one blog post that week but I had no plan for the second blog post. I just kind of procrostinated writing the second one but it would be too late and the next week would come along. Now though, I've had a reality check and watched a load of blogging advice videos and read other blogs for advice on blogging. Finally, I've realised I need to be organised with this blog and actually plan. Sure it's all good to come up with spontaneous blog posts as sometimes you get an idea or you want to talk about your day or something you've just experienced. I mean that's perfectly fine but sometimes it's good to actually have shall we say a back up plan. Pre prepared blog posts which you can post if you're not in the mood to actually write anything spontaneous.

Now, I know this post is kind of rambly and probably has not much advice on what to do when you come back to blogging after taking a break from blogging. The online advice I have to give you is to make a plan. Plan ahead. Set yourself a goal and fulfil it. In the summer, I had made a plan that I was going to return to blogging in September so I started preparing all my blog posts in advance and completing them. From actually doing that I came up with more ideas for blog posts which I wrote down which helped me so much. I have about 50 draft blog posts of ideas which I plan to actually publish for you all to see.

So to any of you aspiring bloggers like me who wish to make their blog worthwhile then make a plan for blog. Set yourself some goals. Take it seriously and it'll all be worth it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my little blogging ramble. Let me know if you have a blog and I'll give it a follow and a read as I do enjoy reading other people's blogs.

I'll be back again soon with another post.

See you then!

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two