Back To Uni


Hello readers,

Sorry I haven't really blogged much this week but I've been busy trying (and failing) to organise my life. As you may notice from the title I am back in university. Well, it's still Freshers Week at the moment but still I'm in my university house ready for my third and final year. I haven't really done much for Freshers Week because my housemates have placements and none of the events really interested me. On Tuesday there was meant to be a foam party with Kem from Love Island but they cancelled the foam for next Wednesday (my birthday actually) but Kem from Love Island still came for a meet and greet so I got a photo with him which was pretty cool. It's not everyday you meet someone you watched on the telly. Anyway, me and my friends still had a dance and afterwards we got food as our student bar has a burger van outside of it which is literally the best thing ever.

So yeah, I also went to the Freshers Fair and got loads of freebies which is great. Freebies is always fun when you're a student. I went to the library afterwards and got books out for the dreaded dissertation. I'm slightly freaking out about it because I found out the deadline for it and it's slowly becoming very real. I may make some notes and have a plan ready for my first dissertation meeting just so I'm prepared with a topic to research. I feel like that's the first step that you want to get out of the way is choosing the actual topic as well as actually having reasons for choosing the topic and a mini plan on what you're going to do. It doesn't have to be the exact plan you do because it can be altered as time goes on but having a start up plan which you can go by is probably better than nothing.

I'm actually feeling both nervous and excited. A part of me is nervous because I want to do well in my final year but there's also so much pressure to have an after uni plan which I currently don't have. Yeah, I may need to do some thinking in the next few weeks and just figure out my life.

It's also my birthday on Wednesday which is crazy because I'll be twenty one. Officially an adult. That's freaking me out as well. However me and my friends have made plans for my birthday which I'm excited about and can't wait to share with you. I also get a day off from lectures on Wednesdays and Thursdays which is literally the best news ever.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. I'll probably update you guys on Monday to share how my first lecture went. Although it doesn't start until two which again is amazing because it means on Mondays I get a lie in. How cool is that?

All I can say now is good luck to any of you who are in university, college or even school. Make the most of the academic year because you could be like me where it is your final academic year. So just make it a good one and just do your best.

I'll be back again probably Monday evening with another post about my first lecture of the year.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two