Tips On Being A Productive Student


Ah the first couple of months of university are slowly passing. Nothing but relaxation until you realise there's about two weeks until your first deadline and guess what, you haven't even started.

Don't panic.

It's not like there's also about five more assignments due in straight after the first assignment. Oh wait yes there is.

Okay, I know you want panic mode to be turned on but I can help.

I'm sure some of you are probably in this kind of situation. You're not alone. There are people who probably won't start their assignments until the night before. This is a very bad idea. Just follow my tips and you'll be fine.

1. Make A Plan
This will make you feel less stressed out. First work out how many days until your first assignment is due in and then find out how much work you have to do for this assignement. If it's an essay start your research about the topic. Get a book or two out of the library. Referencing is key in university so try to find some books from the library and your lecturers will definitely think you've worked hard on this assignment.

2. Do at least an hours worth of work everyday
I know curling up in bed and watching Netflix all day is what you really want to do. Especially if you've had a two hour lecture but honestly try to do an hours worth of work. Even if it's just a bit of research or writing an introduction. The more you do every day then soon you'll be finishing your assignment in no time. You'll feel so much happier knowing you've done some work.

3. Figure out the best place to work
For me I have discoved that the library is the best place for me to work because I don't have any distractions. Plus it's usually quiet there so I can concentrate and I also have access to the books which could be useful towards my assignments. I just find working in my bedroom can be a bit distracting although research and stuff like that I can do in my room but I just prefer working in the library because I know I'll get things done.

4. Wake Up Earlier
I know the thought of a lie in is the best feeling in the world but honestly if you have a free morning then dedicate some of that time to doing work. Wake up early and go to the library. Trust me you'll have more time to do work and you won't feel like time is running out. By the time the afternoon comes around you will have done quite a bit of work.

5. Make to do lists
I find making to do lists is really helpful if you want to be productive. Just making a list of everything you want to achieve that day just really helps. Put the most challenging task first so then you can just get it over and done then you'll be soon crossing everything off your list which is a really great feeling.

6. Ask for help
There comes a time when you don't know what to do or don't understand the question or even if the things you are writing actually make sense. I know lecturers can probably seem very daunting but they want you to ask for help. They want to know what you're doing. It shows them you care about getting a good mark and they will help you by giving you advice on what you're doing wront and lead you in the right direction. It's their job to help you and plus you're paying £9000 a year to go to university so make it worthwile and try to get a good mark. Asking for help will get you the good mark. Even showing them a draft of your essay will you give you help. That's why do it as early as you can because otherwise you'll be writing the essay the night before and you won't be able to ask for help because it's a little to late.

7. Don't stress out
I know we have all gotten to a point while writing an essay or doing an assignment has got us stressed out to the point where we either want to cry or just give up. Don't get to that point. Don't overload yourself with work. Even when you dedicate a day to writing a whole essay. Give yourself a break every now and then. Every hour just give yourself a ten to fifteen minute break where you just have a bit of me time. Relax a little and refresh your mind so that you can go back to your work with a clear head. You never know on your little break you might feel inspired or think of something to put into your essay that you didn't think about before. Just take breaks and don't stress yourself out.

Anyway, that's all my tips on being a productive student. I hope they were helpful to some of you currently in university.

I'll be back again tomorrow with another post.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two