A Mini Book Haul


Today I was in town with my mother and she had a dentist appointment so rather than waiting in the waiting room I thought I'd go around the charity shops and look at books. Let me just say I had a successful shopping trip and bought four books. Though if I could I would have bought more but my mum came in as I was buying two books and so we had to go home.

However, I was really happy with my purchases and I thought I'd share them with you. Some of these you'll be familiar with.

The first place I went to was an Oxfam Bookshop which I couldn't resist as there was loads of books to choose from. I did look at most of the fiction section but then I came across the classic literature. This is where I discovered there was many Jane Austen books. Now I wish I could buy all the Jane Austen books but I decided to refrain myself and buy a book which I am familiar and one I'm not so familiar with.

The first book I picked up is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I'm so familiar with the story of Pride and Prejudice but I've never actually read the book. I did once start to read this book when I was working in a charity shop and it was one of the books being sold but one day I came into work and it was gone. I just never got around to buying it until recently when I was watching the TV series with Colin Firth in it that I just really wanted to get the book. I actually went to Waterstones first but it was £5 and I thought it might be cheaper in a charity shop. I was right as it was only 99p so I was very happy about that.


This lead me to buy another book from this charity shop and I decided to buy Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I've heard of this but I'm not familiar with the story and I've never seen the film. I just thought it would be an interesting read and I felt like buying it as it was only 99p.


Then I went on to the next charity shop which was Barnardos. I went straight to the bookshelf and had a look at the books. The first thing I looked for was books buy Sophie Kinsella and luckily for me I found a book which was on my Amazon wish list. I picked up I've Got Your Number. As you guys know I'm a big fan of contemporary and romance novels. I just thought this would be a fun book to read. I'm also really curious about the story of a girl who loses her phone but then finds a phone and decides to keep it but it belongs to a business man who is not happy that she has access to all his messages. It just sounds like a fun story and I can't wait to read it.


Finally, I saw this book which kind of stood out as it was bright and I just read the title before picking it up and reading the back of it. This book is called Around The World In 80 Dates by Jennifer Cox. It just sounded like the kind of book I like so I just thought why not give it go.


Anyway, that's all the books I bought. I'm very happy with my purchases and I can't wait to get around to reading these books. This has obviously expanded my reading list but honestly I love reading and I'm sure I'll get around to reading all on my TBR list.

Check out my post where I tell you the books which I'm planning on reading in Autumn:
My Autumn Reading List

I'll be back again soon with another post.

See you then guys.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two