A day to myself

Hey guys!

I was awake throughout the night because I just brought myself down and I just kind of felt lost. I suppose I had an existential crisis in a way. Basically I was overthinking a lot of things which lead me to making hot chocolate and cheesy chips at one o'clock in the morning. Random but true.

I guess I was feeling down at this point and all I wanted to do was just feel better or do something to cheer me up but nothing seemed to be working. I listened to music, went on to pinterest and stuff like that. I avoided social media because I really wasn't in the mood for that.

Anyway, me feeling down is not the point of this blog. Well, it kind of is and it kind of isn't. We're all human after all and we all have some days where we're feeling extremely down and it's nobody else's fault. It's your own for overthinking too much.

During this sleepless night of over thinking I was trying to find a way to make myself feel better. One possibly was to go on a trip to Asda but honestly I go to Asda to many times during the week it's starting to get boring. But that was when I knew I wanted to go out somewhere. Somewhere new. Somewhere different that I've never been to before. Then it hit me. Manchester. I live about fifteen minutes away from Manchester but what could I do in Manchester. Then I remembered a few people had been to the Trafford centre so I did a little research. I researched the nearest station and then I looked at the shops. Let me tell you it did not disappoint and it actually got me really excited that I felt happier.

So then I went to sleep because it would probably have ruined the day if I pulled an all nighter and I was in the trafford centre feeling exhausted then end up going back to uni early just because I was tired.

When I woke up at 8am, I was excited and started to get ready. I left early because I went to McDonalds to have breakfast then I caught the train to a station called Urmston which I discovered was the closest to the Trafford Centre.

This was when I encountered a problem. My phone was out of credit and I couldn't look at google maps. I knew the Trafford Centre was north of the station but I didn't know exactly where it was. So I just went north and even checked the compass on my phone to see if I was going North.

Finally, I could see the top of a building which I assumed was the Trafford centre. It was actually a snow place but next to it I found the Trafford centre and it looked amazing.

If you've never been to the Trafford Centre in Manchester, I would recommend going there. There's so many shops and even indoor activities like laser tag, play area and I think there's even an aquarium (I think, don't quote me on that. I never actually saw it but on the website it said there was one.) It has a cinema.

So I went around the Trafford centre, bought a few things. I then decided to go to the cinema. I was a bit nervous because I'd never been to the cinema alone before but I was really curious about the film 'How to be single?' as I am single. Anyway, I was a bit nervous but I bought a ticket then the popcorn and a drink. I then went into the screen room where I saw that nobody was in there. I was twenty minutes early for the film but still. There was music playing but nothing on the screen. I sat in a chair and just started eating popcorn, playing around with my phone. Then one of the workers walked into the cinema and kind of stood by the entrance for a while, staring at me. I stared at him then made the mistake of leaning forwards which resulted in popcorn flying on the floor. I was embarrassed. The guy didn't say anything and just left then. I attempted to push the popcorn under the seats so that the mess didn't look to bad. After that people started to come in so all was good. I wasn't seeing the film alone. I nearly thought I was.

Anyway, the film was good. There were loads of funny bits and it was kind of interesting. It was different from normal romantic comedies. I liked it.

So yeah. After I watched the film I caught the train home and that was my day to myself. It was totally worth it and just made me feel so much better and happy.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll be back tomorrow with all the photos and a mini haul from my day today.

See you then guys.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two