Sometimes it's hard to be positive

I'm trying to be more positive this year. I'm trying to get rid of most of the negativity that goes on in my mind. However, sometimes I can't help when negative thoughts begin to cross my mind which then causes me to be a little anxious or worried about the day ahead. I try and try to not it let it get the better and yet there it is getting the better of me and then I become afraid to face things.

I get the feeling when I'm about to go somewhere like a lecture. I start thinking was if I supposed to do something for it or if I got a bad mark in an assignment I'd be terrified that the lecturer would bring it up. That happened to me last Friday and a part of me didn't want to go to that lecture. Then I thought hiding is not the answer. It'll look worse if you don't show up at all.  So I just went to the lecture and it was better than I expected. It was just another PowerPoint presentation and the assignment wasn't even mentioned.

It made me realise that I was getting anxious and scared over nothing. I suppose that's the problem many people have. They build all these anxious and negative thoughts that they believe will happen when in reality it's nothing to be worried about.

So yeah. It is hard to be positive when you feel anxious and have something worrying you. If I was you, I'd come up with your own mantra then tell it to yourself every morning or every time you're about to do something you're dreading. Hopefully that will help and quite possibly keep some of the negative thoughts out of your mind.

I hope this post was helpful. I just kind of wanted to make a discussion post today. I was writing this as if I was writing it in my journal. I guess that's what some people use their blogs for to make like an online journal that you can share with the rest of the world. 

Anyway, I'll be back soon with another post. See you later.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two