Student Grocery Haul!


Hey guys!

So I went shopping for groceries today and I thought I'd show you what I got just to give some of you ideas of what to get if your student.



First off I went to Asda and I kind of do the opposite to what most people do. I go to the frozen section first and then work my way backwards. I do this because I'm trying to cook more rather than microwave things so I look for frozen stuff. Plus it saves me having to walk from one end of the shop to the other for when I need to pay. I always use the self checkout. 

Here we go:


First I bought some popcorn chicken because I like popcorn chicken and this was only a £1 so I thought that it was a good price. I also know that these won't take that long to cook.


I always get these fries because you can put them in the microwave and they also taste really nice. They're really quick and easy to make. It's also good for a snack or with something.


I also got a big bag of chicken nuggets because again these are easy to make as you just put them in the oven and they don't take that long. Plus there's quite a few in there so it'll last a while.


I got a Weight Watchers Chicken Tikka Masala because it doesn't have a lot of calories and sometimes I'll have days where I can't be bothered to cook so I can just microwave this.


An essential for me is a pint of milk. It's good for cereal, tea, coffees and other stuff. It lasts me a week and as it's just me I'm buying for. A pint is all I need.


Now while I go out shopping for groceries I like to treat myself and I saw this. I've had Crusha milkshake mix before and so I thought I'd buy it just to treat myself to some strawberry milkshake.


Now I bought a packet like this except it was a colourful vegetable stir fry and I really liked it when I made it stir fry the other day so I thought I would do something different and get the mushroom stir fry. Stir fries are really quick and easy to do and you can make them however you like.


Now with stir fries I like to have noodles in them so I bought these last time and I decided to buy them again. They're really simple to make. You just put it in the microwave and then once you've fried your veg just mix them together and there you go.


As you know from my Cosy Night In post I made pasta and sauce. I used the tomato and basil sauce so I thought I would buy the same sauce again and because there was a deal I bought the bolognese sauce too.


 Finally, the last thing I got from Asda was this jar which was only a £1. I thought I could use this to store biscuits in.

Now, walking back from Asda I realised I forgot a few things so I dropped all the stuff I bought at Asda in my hall of residence then I walked down the road to Co Op. If you're wondering Asda is like a fifteen minute walk whereas Co Op is just down the road from my uni and takes five minutes to walk there.


So the first thing I got was some Bourbon Cream biscuits because I fancied getting some biscuits because I like dunking them in my tea or coffee. I also bought that jar from Asda so I had a place to keep them too.


Next I bought some bagels because I really like having bagels. They taste so good when they're toasted.


I also bought some M&M's because I thought I might treat myself and it's been a while since I've had M&M's.



Now I did a really silly thing and forgot to buy pasta from Asda. I bought the pasta sauce but I had no pasta to use it with so I had to go buy some from Co Op. 


I also had no ham or chicken in my fridge so I needed to get some and I bought these two because there was a deal and the others were expensive.


I bought a bag of sugar because I'm running low on the last bag I bought.


I also bought some Hula Hoops as I like having crisps because it's a quick snack and also these were only a £1.


Finally I bought some laundry tablets as I'm a student now and I have to do my own laundry. I also really like this brand as it makes my clothes smell like lavender and it's really nice.

Anyway, that's it from me. I hope you enjoyed this post and gave you an idea of what you could buy if you're a student. I'll be back soon with another post.

See you later guys.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two