So as you know, I'm going off to university on September 27th and that's in 15 days. That why I thought I would make a post of all the essentials I think you should take to uni if you're living away from home.
- Kitchen stuff - As you're living away from home you're going to need to cook for yourself and so you'll need some kitchen stuff. Things like pots and pans, cutlery, plates, bowls, tea towels, spatula, spoon, colander (for pasta and rice). Also take a basic grocery shop before you go so that you don't have to worry about grocery shopping during Freshers week.
- Bedding - You're going to be needing to take a duvet, pillows, covers and blankets with you as uni's don't provide you with them. I suggest bring spare covers with you so you can wash the other.
- Toiletries - Even though they'll be shops where you live to buy toiletries, it's better to stock up before you go rather than buying it with your student finance. Also girls you may want to check on your make up stock to and see if you're running low on anything before you go.
- Stationary - Now most people believe uni to be about the party life, but you're going to have to work to. So stock up on stationary before you go so you don't have to worry about it on your first day of term. This includes, pens, pencils, paper, binders, hole punch, ruler, folders and any other stationary you can think of. Bring it.
- Laptop - Even though you'll have access to uni's computers to do work on I think it's better to do work from your own bedroom with a laptop. Especially if you've procrastinated doing an assignment to the night before. It's also easy to carry around with you, so you can take your laptop to the library and do work there or you can take it to your friend's room and do it there.
- Bedroom decoration - It can be quite scary moving away from home. (I'm quite scared to be honest with you.) There is a chance you will get home sick in the first couple of weeks or even on the first night, so the best thing to do is just make your room as homely as possible by having posters and photos of your family. Also have decorations that you have in your room at home. This will help you relax a bit more and make it feel like this is your home (which it is).
- Entertainment - Now, most of the time you may be stuck in your room or in your flat and you have nothing to do. I suggest bring some things that will stop you from being bored like books, DVDs, games and even a pack of cards. These may even help you to socialise if the rest of your friends are bored.
- TV and game console - Now this may not be an essential to everyone but it is for me as I have a TV and a PS3. I'm bringing this as my laptop doesn't have a DVD player but also I will be able to watch Netflix, iPlayer on a bigger screen. Just pre warning you, you may need a TV licence if your planning on watching digital TV or live TV. If you're only using it to watch movies and catch up on TV then you don't need one.
Anyway, that's the essentials you'll need to bring to uni. I know there's more but this is just the basics that you may have forgotten. Good luck if you're going to uni soon or if you're already there and I'll be back on Monday with another post.
Bye guys. I love you all.