Wednesday, 31 December 2014
Thursday, 25 December 2014
Wednesday, 17 December 2014
So, today I decided to tell you what my top five favorite musicals are. Here we go.
1. Cats - I love love love this musical. I've only seen the film but I still love it. The songs. The dancing. The costumes. Everything about it. I think it's such a beautiful musical and I really wish I could see it. However, I've heard a lot about this revival of cats and I'm not happy by one small tinie tiny little thing. The Rum Tum Tugger. What did they do to him? Where's his cool costume with the mane and the leopard spots and the hair? I do not like his new costume one bit. I also heard he raps. That is a big no no from me. I prefer his original song. There's nothing wrong with it. I don't even know why they decided to change Tugger. It's ridiculous. I know I'm judging it from what I've seen on the internet, but I just don't like it. I'm sorry, but they got that wrong. Big time! I still love the musical though, just not this new West End revival.
2. Shrek The Musical - The first time I saw this, was on the plane back from New York and it was one of the movie options. It did not disappoint. This musical is amazing. It's hilarious and the singing is just perfect. I love that they stuck to the movie, but added bits to it and that made it so perfect. I would love to go see it live because it is incredible.
3. Mamma Mia - I was lucky enough to watch this on Broadway. It was my first Broadway show and I was so happy that it was. The songs are just amazing and it makes you wanna get up and dance. It's a wonderful story. It's one of those musicals that you just can't help but smile every time you watch it. I loved it when I saw it live. It was just amazing.
4. Little Shop Of Horrors - I've seen this musical twice live. The first time, I was eight and it scared the life out of me. I was scared of plants and I had lots of nightmares. However, when I grew up I watched the film and I realized that it is a great musical. It's funny and it's got really catchy songs. I love watching this musical. The second time I saw it live was two years ago and I was so glad that I watched it. It was funny and I loved every minute of it. The actors were amazing. It's a great musical and one of my favorites.
5. The Rocky Horror Picture Show - I love watching this musical. The songs are great and the story line is good. It's a really great musical. Every time I hear the Time Warp, I can't help but do the Time Warp. I love listening to some of the songs like Sweet Transvestite and There's A Light (Over at the Frankenstein's Place) It's a great musical and I would love to experience this musical live.
Well, that's it. My top five favorite musicals. I do have more musicals that I love, but these are my top musicals.
Anyway, thank you for reading.
I love you all.
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Okay, first of. This movie is amazing. I'm so happy they made a movie of this book and it's actually sticks to the story and uses lines from it. I love it when that happens.
When I got the dvd. I wasn't emotionally ready. I had already read the book and I knew what was going to happen. I cried at the book so I was expecting to cry at this movie because it's visual.
During the film, I did get a little teary but they didn't fall and I just felt really sad as the movie started coming to an end. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't and I was just left with this pain in my chest.
Overall, it was a beautiful film and as most people say. It's not a book or a movie about cancer. It's a book or a movie about love. It's a really great story and all the actors are perfect. Shailene Woodley is the perfect Hazel. Ansel Elgort is the perfect Gus. All the actors in this film were perfect for the roles.
I agree with what it says on my DVD. I'd give it six stars if I could or even more than that. It's such a good film. If you haven't watched it or read the book. You need to. I can guarantee you won't regret it.
Anyway, that's it from me.
I love you.
Sunday, 7 December 2014
Okay, ever since I read The Fault In Our Stars. I've been waiting to get paid for ages now, so that I can buy TFIOS dvd. (I get paid tomorrow, thankfully) Anyway, lately I've been doing my research into the two main actors of the film and one actor in particular has just made me get a little bit crazy.
I'm talking about Ansel Elgort who plays Augustus Waters.
Also, just search his name on YouTube and you'll eventually find a reason to love this guy. He's a man of many many many talents. Gah! I love him.
I haven't even seen the movie yet and I'm already in love with this guy and I know that this is just going to make me cry even more when I watch the film.
****I do not own any pictures or videos. Please don't sue. I'm just an overly obsessed fangirl with very little money just trying to express these feels I've been locking up inside for so long. It happens.... A lot.****
Wednesday, 3 December 2014
So, it's now December which can only mean one thing for most of us. It's nearly Christmas time. I absolutely love this time of the year for many reasons and here's a list of my favorite things about Christmas.
- Christmas Adverts - Every year I get excited to see Christmas adverts because that means it's time to start thinking about Christmas shopping. This year my favorite Christmas advert has been Sainsburys' one. It's so good.
- Advent Calenders - I don't care how old I am. I will always have an advent calender every year. It's nice to eat a little piece of chocolate every morning and it's exciting when you get closer and closer to the 24th December.
- Listening to Christmas music - I love listening to Christmas songs. It's one of the things that gets me in the Christmas spirit. My favorite Christmas song is 'Do They Know It's Christmas?'
- Christmas decorations - I love putting up Christmas decorations around the house and putting up the Christmas tree. It brings the family together and it's fun to decorate the house with Christmas decorations.
- Christmas lights - I love going around the town and seeing all the Christmas lights. It's so pretty and it's also nice to see how people decorate their houses for Christmas.
- Buying Christmas presents - I always get excited when I go Christmas shopping for my friends and families. I always look forward to giving my family and friends their presents. It makes me so happy.
- Getting Christmas presents - Yes as much as I love giving presents. I love receiving presents. We all do. I'm always thankful for what I get for Christmas. It's exciting especially when you see the presents under the Christmas tree and you always wonder what's inside the wrapping paper.
- Christmas Dinner - I love food and I do enjoy a good roast dinner. It's nice to eat as a family and pull crackers with the really bad jokes and the tissue paper crown inside. It's a nice moment.
Anyway, that's it from me. Thank you for reading.
Tuesday, 2 December 2014
TMI Tag - Where I answer questions involving Love, OTP, Friends, Ansel Elgort, Mustache Necklace and more.
I'm going to be doing the TMI Tag. Let's go.
Clothes obviously. Haha, but to be honest with you I'm wearing a black t-shirt and some tracksuit bottoms. It's comfy.
Nope. Never had a long term relationship. Single as a pringle.
Nope. Never had anyone to break my heart and anyway I hope I don't have a terrible break up if I was in a relationship.
Nope. Had my ears pierced once but then they closed up.
Hazel and Augustus from The Fault In Our Stars. All those feels.
Bed and a good movie or YouTube
Nope unless you count fights I've had with my older brother when we were kids and teenagers
I don't do sports.
Whoever reads this.
Sunday, 30 November 2014
No, I'm not okay.
Yesterday, I just finished reading The Fault In Our Stars. (No, I haven't seen the movie yet. I wanted to read the book first) Yes, I cried. I was feeling very sad as I was reading to the end and then once I finished it. I paused for a moment because I didn't know what to do then I cried for about half an hour.
It's such a good book. John Green is a genius. I don't know why I was so slow in reading this. I guess I don't have time to read books with so much school work and deadlines, but I made time for this book. Once I got into I couldn't stop. I had to know what happens to Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters. (They're my OTP now. All the feels.) Now I just want to buy the movie from Amazon so that I could watch it then curl up in a ball and cry again. Then read the book again. And cry.
It's a good book. I recommend it to anyone who is old enough to get so many feels and ship Hazel and Augustus.
Anyway, I'm going to cry again because I'm so not over this book.
Sunday, 16 November 2014
Saturday, 1 November 2014
Can you please take a moment to take my survey. It's for my school work and I need 30 people to take this survey. Just follow the link. Thank you. I really appreciate this.
Thursday, 23 October 2014
So, on Friday 24th October 2014 I am going to be travelling to New York so I thought I will make a post about what I'm going to be packing in my carrying on bag. I will also be giving some tips on it. Anyway, let's get started.
First off, I make a list of what I want to take with me in my carry on bag. This way I'll be able to go over what's in my carry on bag before I go and check I have everything and I won't forget anything.
Then I'll choose a suitable bag which is easy to carry. This is my carry on bag. I don't remember where this bag is from, but the brand is Constellation.
Now, here's what I'll be packing into my carry on bag.
- Travel documents
- A notebook
- The Fault In Our Stars book
- Crossword book
- Sudoku book
- Chewing gum
- Hair brush + mirror
- New York guide
- 2 pens
- Chargers for phone, tablet, iPod + make up bag to put them in
- Sunglasses + case
- 2 purses
- Lip balm
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Sunday, 19 October 2014
Monday, 2 June 2014
So, I've finished doing my AS exams today. I had ICT this morning which was my last exam and now I'm off school until next Monday. This is the best feeling in the world because it means I have no more revision to do until next year and I have no homework or school for a week. I've been off school for a month for study leave but during that time I've been revising. (That's the main reason why haven't been updating on my blog recently.) However, now I'm free for a week so yeah.
Now I know this post was short but I just had to let you all know this.
Anyway, that's it from me.
Friday, 16 May 2014
Hi, my name is Megan Taylor. I'm seventeen years old and I live in the UK. I love musicals, films, tv shows, food, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. I'm a fangirl and proud. My favourite musical is Cats and I'm a big fan of Cats the musical, StarKid, Harry Potter, Friends, Glee, Musicals, Disney, Pixar and many more.
Now I'm going to do 25 questions so that you can get to know me more.
1. Do you have any pets?
Well sort of. I have a dog at my dads house called Rocky and he is a Jack Russell.
2. Name three things that are physically close to you.
My Samsung Galaxy Tablet (which is what I'm writing this on), my iPod touch and a pillow.
3. What's the weather like right now?
It's very hot for me right now and it's sunny with a few clouds in the sky.
4. Do you drive and if so have you crashed?
No I don't drive sadly, but I hoping to soon.
5. What time did you wake up this morning?
7am because I had to go to sixth form and do some last minute revision for my geography exam which was in the afternoon.
6. When was the last time you showered?
I showered this morning.
7. What was the last movie you saw?
8. What does your last text message say?
I hope your revising. (From my mum)
9. What's your ringtone?
Funky Town by Alvin and the Chipmunks
10. Have you ever been to a different country?
Yes I have. America, France, Minorca, Menorca, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Jersey, Belgium, Corfu, Crete. (I went on a lot of family holidays when I was a kid,
11. Do you like sushi?
I don't like sushi with any salmon in it, but I do like vegetable sushi.
12. Where do you buy your groceries?
Morrisons, Iceland or Lidl.
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster?
No, I have not.
14. How many siblings do you have?
I have 5 siblings altogether. I have one older brother, two half older sisters, one half younger brother and one older step sister.
15. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
I did have a laptop but it broke so now I'm stuck with the family desktop computer.
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
I'll be turning 18 in October.
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses?
I don't wear either.
18. Do you colour your hair?
No I don't, but I have once.
19. Tell me something you were planning on doing today?
Take a geography exam. (Fun, not.)
20. When was the last time you cried?
I don't remember, the only time I remember crying was in April when I got really stressed out in my art exam.
21. What is your perfect pizza topping?
Cheese and barbeque chicken or ham and pineapple.
22. Which do you prefer hamburgers or cheese burgers?
23. Have you ever had an all nighter?
Yes I have. A few times actually.
24. What is your eye colour?
25. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke?
Yes I can. I prefer coke.
Okay, that's all the questions. I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you in my next post.